Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petar_Bajovic1
Participant
Jump to solution

Is there anybody who did upgrade of vSEC instance on AWS from R77.30 to R80.10?

I need details on how to do this, or just point me where to read about that (or some video to watch). Thanks in advance.

Petar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

vSEC instances in the public cloud do not support an in-place upgrade.

If this is a management server, you do a migrate export/migrate import (i.e. the "advanced" upgrade).

For security gateways, you deploy the next version.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

vSEC instances in the public cloud do not support an in-place upgrade.

If this is a management server, you do a migrate export/migrate import (i.e. the "advanced" upgrade).

For security gateways, you deploy the next version.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Turns out there is a procedure to do an in-place upgrade, but you need to contact the TAC to get it.

Refer to: How to upgrade vSEC for AWS & vSEC for Microsoft Azure from R77.30 / R80 to R80.10 

Petar_Bajovic1
Participant

Hi Dameon,

I contacted Check Point support to get procedure for in-place upgrade on AWS, but they told me that I have to lunch new instance with new R80.10 Gaia and that is the only procedure for now. So, no luck this time. Thank you for your answers. 

BR,

Petar

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The procedure ultimately involves installing new images rather than doing an in-place upgrade of existing images (which isn't supported).

The benefit of this is it's much easier to roll back if something goes wrong.

0 Kudos
Petar_Bajovic1
Participant

But, in-place upgrade includes feature of automatic rollback to last good known version if something goes wrong. So, that is failsafe procedure. My opinion is that would be easier to upgrade directly on AWS. But, that is just my opinion. 

Once more Dameon, thank you for your effort.

BR,

Petar

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.