cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_F_CCSM
Contributor
Contributor

Gateway configuration on AWS instances

Hello, i created a simple lab with standalone Check Point r80.10 VM and a Linux (Ubuntu server) instance on AWS.

The internal interface and Linux server are in the same subnet (10.0.1.0/24). The IP address of gateway's internal interface is 10.0.1.202 and the Linux instance have IP 10.0.1.10. The AWS system configured 10.0.1.1 as Linux server gateway and for this reason NAT configuration performed by CP gateway doesnìt work (there isn't return traffic).

I configured a specific route for my current public IP address on Linux srv with 10.0.1.202 as gateway and in this case the maschine is reacheable from internet.

I need to change the default gateway of Linux server manually? This is the normal behaviour?

During the Check Point instance configuration i selected the option for distribuite the CP as gateway...

Thanks a lot

3 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Please see my article https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2301-vsec-deployment-scenarios-in-aws .

I believe the first one addressing your requirements.

You have to have a route table associated with the internal subnet pointing to the gateway's internal IP.

0 Kudos
Cristian_F_CCSM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks a lot, we will update you during the next days.

0 Kudos
Cristian_F_CCSM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, we correcred the route table linked to internal subnet.

The internal server mantein the gw 10.0.1.1 but now the return traffic through CP is OK.

Thanks again

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.