Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
67d2287b-bb00-4
Explorer
Jump to solution

CloudGuard Virtual Edition (VE) R80.40 - What is the max number of supported interfaces?

I think I remember a maximum number of 8 interfaces support in CluoudGuard Virtual Edition (VE) for VMware ESXi. Is it still limited to 8 interfaces in R80.40?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Eight (8) is the documented KVM limit, Ten (10) for Vmware - refer: sk31631

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

How many do you need and why?

There is an upper limit to the number of vCPUs that typically makes sense from a performance perspective. This might see a workload split and in turn reduce the number of interfaces each instance has...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
67d2287b-bb00-4
Explorer

I do have a setup with 6 interfaces in each node in a HA cluster in remote cloud environment. This is the only L3 routing device I have. Each node have 4 vCPUs.

I have a new request for 3 new VLANs to be routed for a POC with low traffic utilization, making a total of 9 interfaces per node. Would that be possible to configure?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I seem to recall a 10 vNIC limit on the VMware side refer: ESXi/ESX Configuration Maximums (1003497).
Are you using trunked interfaces as is?

You also need to factor in the Sync interface for a HA cluster.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Eight (8) is the documented KVM limit, Ten (10) for Vmware - refer: sk31631

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
67d2287b-bb00-4
Explorer

Thanks a lot - this seems to be the SK I needed, but was not able find myself! (although it is only covering up to R80.10, but now I know where to find for R80.40)

Great help!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.