Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AK2
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Azure CloudGuard SMS and Log Server in same resource group?

Hi,

In Azure, when deploying CloudGuard SMS, there's a requirement when deploying via the Marketplace that the SMS be deployed into an empty resource group. I'm not an Azure expert however I believe the requirement for an empty resource group means that the SMS needs to be deployed into a VNET (and subnet) that's created as part of the deployment (resource group is the parent of VNET and the grandparent of subnet).

When I go to deploy the log server, I use Marketplace to deploy a management server, then change to "configure manually" to run the first time configuration wizard, change type to log server, etc. This works, however the same requirement for an empty resource group (deploy into new VNET, subnet) exists.

The overall result is that the SMS and Log server are in different subnets, in different VNETs, and under different resource groups.

Question - if we wanted, in Azure, to have a CloudGuard SMS and a CloudGuard Log Server in the same subnet, VNET, and resource group, how could we do that using a supported deployment method that would result in a supportable installation? In other words, is there a supported/supportable method of deploying a management server that does not use the Marketplace template?

Cheers,

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthias_Haas
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

indeed, you need a empty resource group for each device, but you can use an existing VNET. The wizard is proposing a new VNET but you can change this and select an already existing VNET/subnet.

Matthias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Matthias_Haas
Advisor

Hi Andrew,

indeed, you need a empty resource group for each device, but you can use an existing VNET. The wizard is proposing a new VNET but you can change this and select an already existing VNET/subnet.

Matthias

0 Kudos
AK2
Collaborator

Hi Matthias, thanks for pointing this out. Resource group for each has to be empty but can use existing VNETs and Subnets. Cheers, Andrew

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.