cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhavin_Bhatt
Explorer

Azure CloudGuard R77.30 vs R80.10

Hi All,

we have an on prem R77.30 Management server and are looking to deploy a CloudGuard cluster in Azure.

Now as we know, i either need to upgrade the mgnt server to r80.10 and deploy r80.10 cluster in Azure or leave the Mgnt Server as is, and deploy r77.30 ClouGuard in Azure.

if i remember correctly, R77.30 Mgnt cannot support a multicore firewall in Azure due to licensing restrictions ?  for vsec flexible central licensing, i need r80.10. Due to some limitations, we cannot upgrade the Mgnt to R80.10.

is there a guide to BYOL for Mgnt and CloudGuard  firewalls  licensing in Azure ? 

Also, what are the benefits or drawbacks of deploying R77.30 in Azure as  opposed to R80.10 CloudGuards ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Bhav

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I've never heard of a restriction around deploying a multicore R77.30 in Azure.

What you may be getting confused about is deploying a VPN terminating with the Azure VPN endpoint.

There, there is a (potential) limitation which is resolved in R80.10.

There's no benefit to deploying R77.30 gateways in Azure versus deploying R80.10+ ones.

What limitations are keeping you on R77.30 on your Manager?

0 Kudos
Bhavin_Bhatt
Explorer

Hey Dameon,

Hope you are well. So the limitation for multicore is that,  the R77.30 MGNT Server needs a particular add-on, to be able to apply multiple licenses to a Cloudguard firewall in Azure. for example, no problem if its a single core firewall, but if you want a 4 core firewall, you need to buy 4 licenses and apply them all to the same cloudguard firewall. 

the reason i am looking at r77.30 is because the MDS has many customers on it, and there are some issues with upgrading to r80.10.

Thanks

Bhav

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.