Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

AWS latest recommended version?

I'm about to deploy a Gateway Load Balancer Security VPC for Transit Gateway in AWS.

What is the latest recommended major release + JHF for a new deployment?

The latest available AWS CloudFormation Templates are version R80.40 while sk111013 notes at the end that "Check Point Default version widely recommended for all deployment is R81.10 with the latest Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator GA Take."

Also the header of sk111013 notes R81 and R81.10.

image.png

Regarding sk109141 there are JHFs available & supported for AWS for version R81, R81.10.

image.png

Regarding sk174447 for GWLB (Security VPC + TGW) only R80.40 seems to be supported at the moment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

For R81.20 and higher Check Point versions, Gateway Load Balancer (GWLB) and Gateway images are unified. They use the same Product AMI in the AWS Marketplace per sk174447.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Nir_Shamir
Employee Employee
Employee

GWLB gateways  are still on R80.40 because they use specific configuration with the GENEVE encapsulation.

The next release will be on R81.20 so till then stick to R80.40 and don't install any new JHF on the gateways.

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

when r81.20 will be on AWS support for GWLB?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

For R81.20 and higher Check Point versions, Gateway Load Balancer (GWLB) and Gateway images are unified. They use the same Product AMI in the AWS Marketplace per sk174447.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
iykeveline
Explorer

Hi Chris. Do you know how I can get the latest (R81.20) GWLB AMI from marketplace? 
I currently have the AMI in code for R80.40. I have to update my TF code by inserting the latest AMI. My current checkpoint image ID is ami-046f7eb1e7b7f6854

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I believe the steps would be as below but possibly others can confirm:

1. In the AWS console, navigate to AMI section in the EC2 menu.

2. Search for the applicable Gaia version (R81.20 in this example) and look for the required image version (refer sk125252).

3. Copy the AMI ID of the required image

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

R81.20 was in the list for some time already. My impression is that it seems they just skipped R81.10 entirely.

image.png

0 Kudos
Bryce_Myers
Collaborator

We have been using R81.20 for about 4 months without any issues.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.