Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPRIDUTIL SMB - Get Firmware version from all SMBs, including managed through SmartProvisioning

SmartEvent Type: cpridutil, DevOps, sourceguard, spectral,

Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

Little project which is utilizing cpridutil over run-script CHKP MGMT API call to get firmware version of all SMB devices managed by the domain. The interesting part is that we are listing LSM (SmartProvisioning) managed devices as well. At the end, we write all output into CSV file (default output.csv).

GW,Image,Serial,MAC,IP,Status SMB-1500-GW,R80_992002665_20_40,XX12X12345,00:1C:DE:AD:BE:EF,192.168.1.1,Successful

This way you have a list of all SMB de

...;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

2 Replies

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Thanks for sharing.  👍

I checked the lengthy Python script that just runs show diag on all SMB devices and figured this could be done as a simple bash one-liner as well. Can be executed as one-time script from within SmartConsole or directly from SmartCenter server's expert mode:

echo; for i in `grep 'sic_name\|ipaddr' $FWDIR/conf/objects.C|grep -A1 sic_name|grep 'ipaddr '|tr -d ':ipadr ()\t'`; do cprid_util -server $i -verbose rexec -rcmd /bin/bash -c "hostname; c
...;

0 Kudos

Art_Zalenekas
Employee
Employee

Thx Danny, but unfortunately that is not helping here. We need to know the Type of the GW, as we are looking just for SMB devices. Second, we need to list LSM managed GWs too, which you don't see in objects.C at all.

Furthermore, there is no need to dig under the hood of the MGMT server and live on the BASH as uid 0. Best case, nobody should be living on the BASH. Many other reasons why not to keep your scripts and code on the management. Separation is the key here.

;

0 Kudos