Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tawsif
Participant

Is there a module for health checks?

Can someone please let me know if there's an Ansible module to run health checks on Checkpoint Firewall?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is there a specific one? No.
However, you can use run script to run whatever you'd like in this regard.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

We actually have a tool that does health checks, no need for scripting anything

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know this is most likely what you are referring to, but I believe he is more looking for something hardware specific

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Andy

0 Kudos
tawsif
Participant

This script is larger than 8Kb which is the max. size and I cannot load it via Gaia. Is there any other way to load it?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You can use winscp to transfer it...just enable scp in ssh. chsh -s /bin/bash admin

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Not really, that was an old one. Check this out: sk171436

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant recall now, but there are bunch of flags for that with cpstat command...anything in particular you are looking for?

Andy

0 Kudos
tawsif
Participant

Just in general for any hardware checks, for example power supply failures. We want to create a playbook that can run daily health checks on all the firewalls in our network.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Let me check few commands Friday morning and I will update you.

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, so you can check this via web UI menu on the left (hardware monitoring), but also for specific firewall, you can do show asset all from clish or cpstat os -f all from regular shell. As far as doing it for multiple firewalls, as Dameon said, you can write up a script, though smart view monitor should also give you basic info.

Andy

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

show sysenv all

show asset all

raid_diagnostic

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Those are all super useful, but Im still not sure thats what he is looking for...lets wait for confirmation : )

Andy

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

In addition to that, almost everything related to hardware failures can be monitored by native SNMP:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events