Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Young
Participant
Jump to solution

How best to automate interface creation on VSX?

I'm trying to automate creation of layer 3 interfaces for VLANs on a bond on VSX. From what I could tell this doesn't seem to be a feature within the web API. I need to integrate this into a larger script or ansible playbook. Has anyone done this with the web API or ansible? Examples would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

At this point in time, you have to script automatic provisioning with VSX provisioning tool listed above. With upcoming Gaia Dynamic CLI and Gaia API (stay tuned or join EA), it will be possible to add Rest API calls for that tool that would be more automation friendly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi

Have you already investigated and ruled out the VSX Provisioning Tool ( sk100645 ) ?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Asked and answered 🙂

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

At this point in time, you have to script automatic provisioning with VSX provisioning tool listed above. With upcoming Gaia Dynamic CLI and Gaia API (stay tuned or join EA), it will be possible to add Rest API calls for that tool that would be more automation friendly.

Tony_Young
Participant

Valeri,

I looked into the provisioning tool a bit but the end goal is a single script that builds a VLAN across multiple devices from different vendors. It would be preferable to do an API call with curl or make an ansible role with playbooks for each device type. I did reach out to Alexander about the API. Thank you for the info!

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Glad to help, good luck with that

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events