Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Dunlap
Participant

add tag to ldap group/user

i'm tasked with cataloging and tagging all our vendor and 3rd party connections.   for network connections this was easy enough via api, to create tags in for of "vend-<name_of_vend>" and apply this to objects using set host or set network

for our client users we have an LDAP account unit and LDAP groups that are built off this.  it's easy enough to open one of these up and apply a tag, but i have over 1400 of these to work on ... so i'd prefer to stay in the domain of api calls.

if i lookup a particular ldap group via show objects and search by name i can find the uid simple enough but the type is 

"type" : "CpmiExternalGroup" ... doing a show object for the uid it's easy enough to see the tags when i apply them manually ... but what can i do to "set" the tag field for a generic object.   going through the api doc's and boards has not yielded a valid call that can be made.  i'm assuming if i can do it in dashboard gui there should be an api call i can make.

any advice is appreciated

thanks

greg 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not everything you can do in SmartConsole has API support.
I believe LDAP objects fall into this category, thus you'd have to use generic-object API calls to make changes.
These APIs aren't supported, but there may be some information in the community that can help you work out the correct API call.

0 Kudos
Greg_Dunlap
Participant

after a bit of digging i might just be out of luck since LDAP group are a legacy R77 object and set generic-object calls are not supported.   time to speed up migration of AccessRoles

thanks for the point the right direction

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)