cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeraselvam_man
Contributor

Retrieving Rule Hit Count and Unused Rules Information via API

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a Checkpoint Gateway/Management server and I'm interested in retrieving specific information about rule hits and unused rules. I would appreciate your guidance on how to achieve this through the API, including any relevant commands and limitations.

1. **Rule Hit Count Details:**
- Is there a way to obtain detailed information on rule hit counts?
- Can I retrieve rule hit counts for various time frames such as the last 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, or a custom range?
- Please provide the appropriate API commands for retrieving this information.
- Are there any limitations or considerations I should be aware of when using these commands?

2. **Unused Rules List:**
- Is there a method to identify and obtain a list of unused rules in the firewall configuration?
- Similar to rule hit counts, can I obtain information about unused rules for specific time frames (e.g., last 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, or custom)?
- Please share the relevant API commands for accomplishing this task.
- Are there any constraints or important details to keep in mind when working with these commands?

I'm eager to enhance my understanding of these functionalities, and your expertise would be invaluable. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
M.Veeraselvam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Youssef_Obeidal
Employee
Employee

Hi

show access-rulebase MGMT API can all hitcount details
See Check Point - Management API reference
In addition - there is a tool in Check Point github that clears/disables unusaed rules- GitHub - CheckPointSW/PolicyCleanUp: Check Point PolicyCleanUp tool allows automatic cleanup of your...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events