Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority
Jump to solution

Official color values?

Is there a list of color spaces and RGB values for the named colors Check Point uses in objects?

I've got the list of color names. Trying to add an object with a bogus color name returns this message:

"Invalid parameter for [color]. The invalid value [test] should be replaced by one of the following values: [aquamarine, black, blue, crete blue, burlywood, cyan, dark green, khaki, orchid, dark orange, dark sea green, pink, turquoise, dark blue, firebrick, brown, forest green, gold, dark gold, gray, dark gray, light green, lemon chiffon, coral, sea green, sky blue, magenta, purple, slate blue, violet red, navy blue, olive, orange, red, sienna, yellow]"

The problem is most of these don't have a widely-agreed value. Nobody outside Check Point seems to think "Crete blue" or "Cretan blue" is even the name of a specific color.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Uri_Bialik

@PhoneBoy  is right. The color names have their origins in Solaris (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E88353_01/html/E37839/colors-1t.html)

The RGB values of these colors names have changed a few times in the past years.

Here are the latest color values:

Object_Colors_3.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I wouldn’t be surprised if these color names/values have their origins in SunOS.
And since are making a web-based version of SmartConsole, I’m pretty sure we have an RGB mapping of this list somewhere, or will soon have to have one.

0 Kudos
Uri_Bialik

@PhoneBoy  is right. The color names have their origins in Solaris (https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E88353_01/html/E37839/colors-1t.html)

The RGB values of these colors names have changed a few times in the past years.

Here are the latest color values:

Object_Colors_3.png

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Cool! I did not expect them to date back quite so far. Thanks!

I'm building something to show and interact with objects, and I think the color is the only property which is a bit more than a simple string (or number or object reference).

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

And the old fwui was Dark Gold.

medium_fwui30.png

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events