cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yonatan_Philip
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Management API reference

This part of the forum is dedicated to your feedback regarding the API reference.

If you want to report a problem or missing information in the Check Point - Management API reference please leave a reply on this thread.

6 Replies
Russell_Seifert
Employee
Employee

Is there a mgmt_cli command to add or change the GUI clients for a Domain?

When expanding a section, the bottom is pushed further down than scrolling allows.

Capture.PNG

After expanding Session Management, I can no longer see Misc.

0 Kudos
Kenneth_Mancuso
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I experienced that behavior in Mozilla but in Chrome you can scroll down.

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

@GUI-Clients on Mgmt_CLI:

This is now referenced by the term "trusted clients" like on SmartConsole MultiDomain View.

So the commands are add/delete/set/show trusted-client and show trusted-clients.

Rgds

Norbert

0 Kudos
Eric_Beasley
Employee
Employee

Thanks for having a lot of documentation for the API with examples.

But we need more, always more, especially examples.

Based on my experience so far:

1.)  API reference needs a section about the optional switches for the mgmt_cli command with some good details and examples, as well as limitations for use.

2.)  The optional switches that are available for a mgmt_cli <command> <subcommand> need a section for which mgmt_cli optional switches are valid (e.g. where can I use the --batch <csv_file> option)

3.)  A section about the available jq command in the Gaia CLI would be awesome, with some good references to json-to-csv operations.  There are some examples in the CODE area created with the help form Uri Bialik

4.)  Gaia CLI mgmt_cli -? output of optional switches references environmental variables, an example of how to implement their use would be awesome, maybe as part of (1.) and (2.) above

Also, an actual portable, disconnected API reference in PDF format would be awesome, since studying and sometimes printing things for reference is what some of us old-school engineers do--ok, an APP on IOS and Android is acceptable.

Thank you

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

Why "publish" is not available on Smartconsole CLI? Per Api reference it should be. Check Point - Management API reference 

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Hi,

The following commands are not available from CLI window - 

login, logout, discard, publish, take-over-session

The reason is that these commands invalidate the current working session and the CLI window uses the current working session to operate.

Robert.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events