Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mateus_cruz
Explorer
Jump to solution

Help getting management API Security Policies Child/Sub-rules

Hi,

I'm making a little python script that uses the Checkpoint Management API, so far I was able to get a Json with all connection/Security Policies rules. My problem is, all the rules I was able to fetch were 1, 2 and 3 which contained a child rule or sub-rule 2.1, 3.1 and 3.2 inside them, nested. (not sure what the name for those is) What API request should I make to be able to not only fetch the main rules 1, 2 and 3, but also their sub-rules 2.1, 3.1 and 3.2? I've searched the documentation and can't seem to be able to fetch them.

Thanks to anyone who can help ...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

When you get a rule with an inline layer, there should be a key "inline-layer" in it. That will contain either the name, UUID, or an object containing the name and UUID of the inline layer. You should take those and run a separate 'show access-rulebase' for them, repeating as needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

These subrules are not part of the policy you query. So you must determine which policy they are part of then query that policy.

Such is the fun to be had with inline layers.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

When you get a rule with an inline layer, there should be a key "inline-layer" in it. That will contain either the name, UUID, or an object containing the name and UUID of the inline layer. You should take those and run a separate 'show access-rulebase' for them, repeating as needed.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events