Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mscott5002
Explorer
Jump to solution

Detailed reference for using web services (sending HTTPS post to management server)

I'm trying to build a script which will query the policy (rules and objects) on our management server, using HTTPS post web service commands.  The Management API Reference on this site (Check Point - Management API reference) only shows a few simple examples (Login, Create Host).  I can't find any examples of iterating though rules or objects.

Is there a more comprehensive API Reference that I haven't found which will help?  I know there is a Python script which will export config, but I don't speak Python (yet!).  Hoping for the web service Reference Guide.

With thanks - Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What you’ve linked to is, in fact, the complete API documentation.

What you’re asking for is how to use the API…which requires a programming or scripting language.
Regardless of the language you use, paging through a large number of results from the API will require multiple calls using the limit/offset parameters (limit of X results starting from result Y).
Note that the value for limit should NOT exceed the limit for the API endpoint (depends on the endpoint).
The specifics of this depend on the programming language.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What you’ve linked to is, in fact, the complete API documentation.

What you’re asking for is how to use the API…which requires a programming or scripting language.
Regardless of the language you use, paging through a large number of results from the API will require multiple calls using the limit/offset parameters (limit of X results starting from result Y).
Note that the value for limit should NOT exceed the limit for the API endpoint (depends on the endpoint).
The specifics of this depend on the programming language.

0 Kudos
(1)
mscott5002
Explorer

You are correct, thank you!  I didn't click deep enough into the left-nav tree of options.

Now, all I need to find is some sample scripting that uses these API calls - in a scripting language I'm familiar with!  My research continues......

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you are familiar with shell scripting, you can use mgmt_cli to call the API.
One example that exploits this to import/export some configuration via CSV: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/API-CLI-Discussion/CLI-API-Example-for-exporting-importing-and-d... 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events