Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_E_
Advisor
Jump to solution

Database Revision - only with SmartConsole?

Hi,

just playing around with database revision and purge and recognized missing 'sessions':

Adding an administrator admin1 via  smartconsole creates a revision in the session. Which is good and expected.

Doing now the same with:

mgmt_cli add administrator name "admin2" password "test" comments "test" authentication-method "INTERNAL_PASSWORD" permissions-profile "read write all" --format json"  -s id.txt

mgmt_cli publish --format json -s id.txt

there is no entry in revision.

Both administrator do correctly appear and work. 

I'm wondering why there is a difference. Shouldn't the mgmt_cli call also creates a revision entry?

Best Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Using the username 'aa' in my management server, I created via mgmt_cli the administrator aaa in the System Domain in R81.
It is actually creating audit logs, which is good:

image.png

There was no corresponding entry for the session in Manage and Settings > Sessions > Revisions similar to what you're reporting
I assume, under the covers, it is actually creating a revision, just like any other published session, it's just not showing in that screen.
I presume this is a bug and would require a TAC case to resolve. 

Note that a mgmt_cli session where I didn't log into the System Domain did create It did, however, create an entry for other items I performed via the CLI when not logging into the System Domain.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How are you determining sessions are “missing” exactly?
Every published session should result in a revision.

0 Kudos
S_E_
Advisor

Hi,

SmartConsole | Manage and Settings | Revisions | (audit logs)

Here it is possible to see every change in database when done via SmartConsole

Adding an administrator via API, nothing will be written into this Revision/audit log.  

Best Regards

SMS/MDS R80.40 / T91

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Using the username 'aa' in my management server, I created via mgmt_cli the administrator aaa in the System Domain in R81.
It is actually creating audit logs, which is good:

image.png

There was no corresponding entry for the session in Manage and Settings > Sessions > Revisions similar to what you're reporting
I assume, under the covers, it is actually creating a revision, just like any other published session, it's just not showing in that screen.
I presume this is a bug and would require a TAC case to resolve. 

Note that a mgmt_cli session where I didn't log into the System Domain did create It did, however, create an entry for other items I performed via the CLI when not logging into the System Domain.

S_E_
Advisor

Thanks for the hint!!!

Adding --domain 'System Data'   does result in proper revision/audit log file.

Regards

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events