Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fly1ng_circus
Contributor

API Run-script task limitations

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of tasks that one can throw at a management server at once? For instance if I use the "run-script" api and I select 5 gateways to run it against at once. that generates 5 tasks. is there a limit in the system (besides resources) for the number of these that can run at once 20, 200,1000? because I then need to run the task status call and retrieve the status and response for each of those tasks. which again can hit multiple tasks in a list but is there also a limit to that as well?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Maybe @Omer_Kleinstern can comment if there's a specific limit.
I do know that each instance of run-script has a hard timer associated with execution (5-10 minutes, I believe).
Which means the more instances you invoke, the more likely they will timeout. 

If you're targeting a lot of gateways, it might be better to use run-script against the Gaia API on the relevant gateways.

0 Kudos
fly1ng_circus
Contributor

For sure the GAIA API is what I would prefer to do as it is more efficient and doesn't load up the management station with extra jobs. That is the long term goal. But the constraint I was given is that (at least for now) the software can't log in to each gateway to get the info that we need. So for now this is the option to use. I just didn't know if there was a limit incase the devs that I am working with ask. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events