cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Hall
Participant

Having trouble connecting to Check Point 1430/1450

Hello,

I am new to check point and their products/software but I am helping a client set up an edge device that allows him to access a particular VPN tunnel.  He is trying to set up a livescan fingerprint reader but to access the database he needs to follow specific steps from the State of Maryland.  First we had to assign an IP address to the device and then they would pre configure it and ship it out.

We received it and the guide tells me to place the assigned IP address as default DMZ in the router.  Did that.  Then connect ethernet to WLAN port from router.  And then plug ethernet from livescan laptop to Lan 1 on the 1430/1450 (not sure which it is exaclty, the booklet it comes with says that on the front).

Now it wants me to go to https//my.firewall to access the wizard for first time configuration.  Well I am not getting any internet access on the laptop when plugged in.  I have messed around with as many settings as I can access but no matter what I cannot finish the quick start guides steps because the laptop will not connect to the this my.firewall.

I looked up online some more detailed guides and they are talking about all this software like SmartPlatform and others and my client has no idea what any of that is talking about.  

Finally I connected the laptop to wireless and typed in https://(IP of 1430/1450):4434 and i got to a login page!  But I do not know the admin and password.  Is there another way to run the first time configuration?  Should I be connected to the internet when plugged into LAN1?  Basically our goal is to finish the steps and then there's a certain address we need to ping and email the results to the State of Maryland to be given access.

I hope this makes sense, ANY help is MUCH appreciated.

5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

my.firewall should work, if you are connected via direct cable plugged into one of LAN ports on the edge device. However, this is not critical You could also look at the received DHCP info and connect to the default GW IP address which is in fact belong to your FW.

Now, during the wizard you are asked to configure the admin username and password. Did you do that? You mention you do not know the device credentials. Is it a new one or someone used it before? If latter, you can reset it do default and re-do the first config wizard

Matthew_Hall
Participant

Thanks for the response.  When I try to go to my.firewall it just keeps saying I am not connected and my network icon in the system tray has the yellow sign saying No Internet Access.  This is when the laptop is plugged into LAN1 of the edge device.

The edge device however has all the expected leds on so I just do not know what I am missing to get a proper connection to the laptop.

Also, can I run the wizard if I plug a USB to the port on the front?

Here is a picture of the edge device and indicators.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

admin

admin

are the default credentials.

I am not aware of particulars of your situation, but if it is on you to configure CheckPoint device from scratch, I'd suggest reading this document:

http://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/2c/2c5482ffb8059ae61a0efb871bd22e42/CP_R77.20.20_1430_1450_ApplianceL... 

It is short enough and should give you an idea on how to find your way around the interface.

Again, so long as you are responsible for the appliance and are not relying on some pre-deployed configuration, you can reset it to factory defaults and use the guide to set it up.

Regards,

Vladimir

Yuri_Slobodyany
Collaborator

To sum up all the said:

- You don't need firewall to be connected to the Internet for configuring it

- In its default setup LAN address on the firewall is  192.168.1.1, try accessing it from laptop configured with say 192.168.1.2/24

- You connected cable correctly to the LAN 1 port

- USB cannot be used for the First Time Configuration Wizard

- If nothing helps you can Reset to Factory Defaults loosing all its configuration if any of course and then run FTW again.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yurislobodyanyuk/
0 Kudos
Matthew_Hall
Participant

Ok I got to where I can get into the UI of the check point however admin/admin is not working.  It was sent to my customer by a state department to provide access to a fingerprint database so it may be pre-configured and not allowing us to log in and change things for security purposes.  This is all for a Livescan fingerprint reader.

We followed all the instructions and then there is a two telnet cmd prompt strings we have to enter and get the required results back and then provide a screenshot to them before we are allowed access to the vpn.  I am just unsure of whether when I plug the ethernet into Lan 1 from the laptop provided with the fingerprint scanner if I should expect the network icon in tray to show a warning sign saying no access or if that means there is still something wrong.  Or if it should be that way and the reason we are not getting results from the telnet commands is some other issue.

I realize it is probably difficult to help with the specifics but this is my first time dealing with a situation like this.  Thanks in advance for anymore advice and what youve already provided.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events