cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillaume_six
Participant

unable to modify colors

Hello,

i'm trying to modify objects colors using mgmt_cli. it's working with simple colors.

but doesn't on two or three words colors

add host name host_1 ip-address an_ip color "dark orange"

error: The parameters of add-host command should be provided in pairs (key and value). You have provided an odd number of parameters which suggests that you are probably missing a parameter.

same issue when using set_host

any ideas ?

9 Replies
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

What version is this, tested on R80.20M1 and all seems well, but colors have changed.

0 Kudos
Guillaume_six
Participant

this is R80.10 version

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

This should work. Are you using mgmt_cli over SSH at the MGMT machine? How do you provide the username and password?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

if you run it exactly like Robert's examples, then please proceed with a support ticket.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Probably the missing link is the Case Sensitivity?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

look at the color picker in the gui, there is a list there.

robert.

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

Attached the working command examples both from GUI and from server CLI - 

Robert.

0 Kudos
Guillaume_six
Participant

i hadn't test it, but it indeed works when i run the command direclty in a ssh window ...

unfortunately it does not in my bash script ... the script read mgmt_cli cmds from an input file and apply them one by one.

and it does work with single words color ... i'm certainly missing something in the below command.

_MSG=`mgmt_cli -s ${_SESSION_ID_F} ${1}`

$1 is add host name o365_40.81.156.153_32 ip-address 40.81.156.153 color "dark orange"

i thought it  was maybe a mgmt_cli issue ... it's apparently not.

anyway, i will not ask you to troubleshoot my bash, thanks for your replies.

for information, it's not case sensitiv, And when entering a wrong color, it replies with the below error message that contains the list of allowed colors.

code: "generic_err_invalid_parameter"
message: "Invalid parameter for [color]. The invalid value [DarkOrange] should be replaced by one of the following values: [aquamarine, black, blue, crete blue, burlywood, cyan, dark green, khaki, orchid, dark orange, dark sea green, pink, turquoise, dark blue, firebrick, brown, forest green, gold, dark gold, gray, dark gray, light green, lemon chiffon, coral, sea green, sky blue, magenta, purple, slate blue, violet red, navy blue, olive, orange, red, sienna, yellow]"

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

In the error you posted, there is no space in DarkOrange.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events