Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

R77.30 First Time Wizard stuck after definition of Management Connection.

Has anyone encountered this before: during FTW, after management interface is defined with the same IP as the WebUI is using, the buttons are grayed-out and the process cannot progress further:

The image is Check_Point_R77.30_Install_and_Upgrade_T5.Gaia.iso and I have tried it with multiple browsers (Chrome required a one-liner to work, but IE was working from the start).

15 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Gateway or Management?

If management, it might be this: Cannot Connect with SmartConsole to R77.30 or Earlier Management

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

It was not yet defined: I am in the process of running FTW and did not get to specify what it'll be yet.

The sequence goes:

...and we're stuck.

Petr_Hantak
Advisor
Advisor

You most probably tried it, but have you got the smae result after page refresh or clear cache and page refresh?

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Tried emptying the cache, refresh, different browsers and rebooted the VM.

Same results. Cannot exclude possibility of corrupted installation, unless there is some other gremlin at work.

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

if you make changes to the interface page, what interface are you connected to when you start the FTW?

As you are stating that "after management interface is defined with the same IP as the WebUI is using" 

To that rings a bell that says you were connected to another interface? You normally do not change the interface you are connected to during the running of the FTW. 

You set the interface upfront through CLI if you want and then connect to that interface and run the FTW.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Nope: same interface. That’s what’s puzzling. Nothing changes, simply clicking through the FTW stop responding after this page.

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Did you backdate the system as indicated just to makes sure the Certificate issue is not bothering you here?

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Hugo,

Haven't tried the backdating yet, as the epoch issue manifests itself later in the process, when we try to connect to the management via SmartDashboard.

I am curious to know if the Check_Point_R77.30_Install_and_Upgrade_T5 already contains the fixes from JHF 143 that addressing it.

As I am going through the FTW, the self-signed cert is a valid one:

And since I have not yet defined this system as a management server, (planing to do that later in the setup), the internal CA is not yet in play.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I've reinstalled the VM and the issue is no longer present. Must've been a corrupt installation.

0 Kudos
Petr_Hantak
Advisor
Advisor

Good to hear it doesn't repeat after reinstall. I was thinking about corrupted installation package at all. If are checksums ok. 

0 Kudos
Raaj_Mohan
Explorer

I had similar issue, finally sorted by recreating VM with the spec mentioned below. Main reason for this issue I found was due to ram and hard disk allocation on VM. Once I allocated 25gb hard disk space and 1.6 gb of ram the issue was fixed. 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you Raaj. I'll keep it in mind, but I typically provision HDD space, RAM and CPU fairly generously for VMs.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure even 25gb of disk and 1.6gb of RAM are below the minimum requirements for R77.x.

At the very least you should allocate the amounts specified in the release notes.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

The OVF for R77.30 is packed with a 10GB disc. you cannot really run standalone on it with more than 1 GB of log data. Upgrade is impossible and even running a jumbo can be challenging.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Maarten,

The OVF is explicitly provisioned for Gateways.

The management VM was always supposed to be deployed from ISO.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events