Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Export of (global) portgroups from R77.30 MDS

Good day everyone,

I am facing situation that I have 1 working R77.30 MDS with assigned global policy for some of CMAs.Some CMAs doesnt have global policy assigned, so there is nothing global at all.

Now, I am building new R77.30 MDS, not exactly the same as working one, but I would like to import to this new R77.30 MDS some of global portgroups which are created via global policy on working R77.30 MDS.

The same applies for non-global portgroups, just simple portgoups created in SmartDashboard.

I was surpised that there is no option "export" like it is in network objects/groups in SmartDashboard. So basically I cannot simply export whole portgroup and import it somewhere else. It is the same for global and non-global portgroups.

Questions:

How can I export some (or all) global portgroups from working R77.30 MDS to the newly build R77.30 MDS ?

How can I export some (or all) non-global portgroups from working R77.30 MDS to the newly build R77.30 MDS ?

Is there some special parameter in upgrade tools like migrate, upgrade_export or upgrade_import where I can specify that I want to export only services (portgroups) ? I dont want to perform whole export of everything.

Thanks for every hint.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
1 Reply
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Why don't you just export your complete Global policy? Just use migrate export while on mds level, export:

# cd /opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/

# mdsenv

# migrate export -l /var/opt/Global_exported.tgz

Import:

# migrate_global_policies /var/opt/Global_exported.tgz

Regards, Maarten

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events