Right, On the 27th of june we got R80.20 M1 (sk123473) which is intended for the brave of hearts only.
I went in feet first and upgraded my SmartCenter from R80.10 to R80.20 M1. Or so I intended but I used the wrong CLI command so I got a brand new SmartCenter instead. Not a big thing. I just wrote a small policy so I could manage everything and keep my email flow going. Thanks to that wonderful article sk86521 I got things back.
But I ran into another issue directly after I did my first "install database" to my SmartCenter. I now get a 404 error where my GAIA pages used to be in my browser and in the SmartConsole I also get a similar issue for every other TAB I try top open at logging.
I opened a TAC case for this and I had my first remote session but we did not resolve the issue. But it seems we now have 2 HTTP daemons and the second one is running on port 4434. So something was changed in R80.20 but the dots are not yet connected. I hope we can resolve this but I have a gut feeling I managed to find another bug by doing things just slightly differently.
I will let you know how this works out.
But int he GUI I can build my policies as I want and do the basic stuff. But I may hold of on testing the Endpoint stuff until the issue with the webservices has been resolved.