Hugo van der Kooij

R80.20 M1, first impressions

Discussion created by Hugo van der Kooij on Jun 28, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by Hugo van der Kooij

Right, On the 27th of june we got R80.20 M1 (sk123473) which is intended for the brave of hearts only.

I went in feet first and upgraded my SmartCenter from R80.10 to R80.20 M1. Or so I intended but I used the wrong CLI command so I got a brand new SmartCenter instead. Not a big thing. I just wrote a small policy so I could manage everything and keep my email flow going. Thanks to that wonderful article sk86521 I got things back.

But I ran into another issue directly after I did my first "install database" to my SmartCenter. I now get a 404 error where my GAIA pages used to be in my browser and in the SmartConsole I also get a similar issue for every other TAB I try top open at logging.

I opened a TAC case for this and I had my first remote session but we did not resolve the issue. But it seems we now have 2 HTTP daemons and the second one is running on port 4434. So something was changed in R80.20 but the dots are not yet connected. I hope we can resolve this but I have a gut feeling I managed to find another bug by doing things just slightly differently.

I will let you know how this works out.

But int he GUI I can build my policies as I want and do the basic stuff. But I may hold of on testing the Endpoint stuff until the issue with the webservices has been resolved.

Outcomes