cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ole_Jakobsen
Contributor

Azure tags

Hi all,

I'm deploying CloudGuard as a southbound cluster in Azure.

I would like to make heavy use of Tags for my rules to do as little rule administration as possible. A limitation to this is that only 15 tags per VM is supported in Azure.

Tags is construtcted of a ”Name” and a ”Value”. My plan was to create some tags like this and create rules accordingly. “InternetAccess=WindowsUpdate”, “InternetAccess=GibHub” and so one. In this manner I would hit the limit of 15 tags preatyt quick.

As the “Value” part of the tag is a string it would be possible to create tags like this one: “InternetAccess=WindowsUpdate,GitHub”.

My question is: Is it possible to create two rules, one where source is tag “InternetAccess=WindowsUpdate” and a second rule where source is “InternetAccess=GitHub” but the VM’s is taged with “InternetAccess=WindowsUpdate,GitHub”?

This way I can create rules with specific values and tags with multiple values that would match a single rule based on a part of a value in with multiple values.

Cheers
Ole

‌ 

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This isn't something we support at the moment.

It's possible there is some other workaround for this, but I'd have to defer to one of the experts.

AyGit
Contributor

Hi Guys

I have 2 scenario of tag usage, 1st as Ole one and one different. 

Is there any new regarding Ole's request?

The 2nd scenario is to use multiple tag (source or destination) in a one rule with an AND operand.
This will allow  to combine the tags and match the rule. We'd like to avoid multiple rules instead of one rule.

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.