cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivo_Marques
Contributor

Capsule VPN - Android - PROXY

Hi guys,

I'm using Capsule VPN on Android with Mobile Data (4G) and I need to use an authenticated proxy server. Is there a way to do that?

Also, this Check Point gateway as a rulebase with IPSec and the same rulebase with Mobile Access Blade rules - How can I force Capsule VPN to use Mobile Access rulebase (maybe it's a stupid question).

Management R77.30 and GW R77.20.

Regards,

Ivo

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Pretty sure IPSec VPN doesn't go through a proxy (authenticated or otherwise).

That said, if you need to access an authenticated proxy for your 4G connection, that should be transparent to us.

Also, pretty sure Capsule should already be using the Mobile Access rules as it's a requirement to use those VPN clients.

What evidence do you have that it's not?

Ivo_Marques
Contributor

Hi Dameon,

Thanks for the reply.

You can configure IPSec or MAB on Capsule VPN (see: Capsule Connect and Capsule VPN Clients pag 15). I didn't know too but I saw it on the logs.

About the proxy, my goal is to pass the proxy configuration to capsule.

When we start the capsule client on the android device we lose Internet because we are routing all traffic to the tunnel and to get out to the internet we need to configure the proxy. The only way I think I can do that is using https_mapped but is a bad solution with a lot of impact on performance.

Regards,

Ivo

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ok, misunderstood your proxy question.

As far as I know, what you're asking isn't currently supported. 

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events