AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 1803 Auto Upgrade with FDE Failing

Question asked by Steve Lander on May 11, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 23, 2018 by Steve Lander

Has anyone tried auto upgrading their version of Windows 10 to 1803 with FDE enabled and were successful?  We want to eventually use Shavlik to push out the upgrade, which uses the Windows Update Service, but we are running into the same problems with Shavlik as using the /auto upgrade switch.

I can get this to work manually by following the instructions in this SK article How to upgrade to Windows 10 1607 and above with FDE in-place and going through each of the prompts and turning off everything, but when I run it using the auto upgrade feature | setup.exe /ConfigFile "%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WSUS\SetupConfig.ini" /auto upgrade /PBRupdate disable | or any of the other switches (which just flat out breaks the .ini file, see Windows 10 Setup Command Line Switches – Home is where I lay my head ) it fails and seems to break the UEFI BIOS somehow and corrupts the upgrade, which it reverts back to 1703.  We then have to reset the BIOS and change it back to UEFI before it can boot again.  

We are using Windows 10 64bit Enterprise 1703 | UEFI BIOS | Fast Boot and Fast Startup turned off | CheckPoint Endpoint with all blades except VPN and capsule docs.

Outcomes