So, according to SMB future roadmap presented at CPX360, R77.20.80 should have been released in Q1 and R80.20.xx in Q2. As Q1 is long gone, are we going to see new R77 version or you will go straight to R80 ?
Check Point SMB R77.20.80 firmware is currently in an Early Availability Program - i am currently testing the version from 17.4. I think it will be GA very soon .
Nice, thanx. I'd be glad if you share your experience with it.
I do not have much experience with it as the new features are not many and my time is limited. But what will be new i can list up:
Support additional deployments with ZeroTouch:
- Option to configure Internet connection before ZeroTouch deployment
- Dynamic change of the default LAN subnet in case of a conflict with WAN IP address (provided by DHCP server), to allow connection to ZeroTouch server
- Option to replace the gateway WebUI certificate and VPN certificate with a certificate signed by an intermediate CA
- Added an option to configure the gateway to log only outgoing blocked traffic
- Retry mechanism in case of a failure in connection to the cloud services (SMP)
Thanx for the info. I hope there are also stability fixes as current firmware has some issues with that.
I second this opinion for locally managed units - one reboot a week resolves that ...
As with any roadmap information, it's subject to change
Retrieving data ...