AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is there a way to see recipient and sender forensic data in Content Awarness blade logs?

Question asked by Evren Buyer on Apr 30, 2018
Latest reply on May 3, 2018 by Evren Buyer

Hi everyone,

I've just enabled Content Awarness blade and it's a very useful blade to see what files are being transferred inbound and outbound in company e-mail system.

When I started to search and analyze the logs, I became aware that there is no forensic e-mail data like  most important sender,and recipient fields... Without sender and recipient information in an e-mail security log file it's useless, cause it's like a FW log without source and destination.

As a matter of course, I asked this feature to local CP Tukey support and they escalated my question to CP Global. The answer is below which never satisfies me:

Hello Turgut

Here you are our develepor replay for your Issue 

-You will only see sender and received when the Email is destined to the Check Point MTA.
-MTA supports TE. AV and Anti-Spam.
-Content awareness will not work with MTA and the Emails are processed in streaming mode (smtp). Therefore the logs will not show sender and receiver details

Regards,

Medhat Girgis – Technical Support Engineer

As a customer I'm willing the to have forensic e-mail security related data fields in SmartLog and also willing to have e-mail related syntax (like receipt, sender, subject etc) for Threat Emulation, Threat Extraction,Anti-Spam & E-Mail Security, Content Awareness blades and features.

Thanks

Evren Buyer

content awareness log investigation threat prevnetion threatemulation threat extraction anti spam

Outcomes