Expect more regular releases of the Endpoint Security client
- Exclusions - Improved handling of folder exclusions when an excluded folder does not exist when the policy is applied.
- Remediation - Improved handling of quarantine and termination in CloudShare environments.
- SandBlast Agent for Browsers - Web Extension
- Disabling the Web Extension in Internet Explorer configures the browser to use the Microsoft Download Manager.
- Disabling the Web Extension in Chrome does not disable it for all browsers.
- Improved handling of Entry Points in the forensics report when there is an Anti-Exploit detection.
- Edge and Internet Explorer are prevented from reopening malicious URLs.
- Threat Emulation
- Improved handling of fallback to ThreatCloud when using a Threat Emulation local appliance.
General Client Improvements
- Resolved an issue when some third-party products are unable to create or delete network adapters.
Firewall and Application Control
- Performance improvements when IPv6 traffic is logged.
Media Encryption & Port Protection
- New design of the windows for encryption and decryption of removable devices that support a high resolution display.
- Fixed an issue with encrypting media from a UserCheck pop-up window when a network share is mounted.
- Classification without encryption for PDF files.
See https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk122513 for more information on E80.80 release.