cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ervin_Gaju
Participant

1490 appliance

Hello
I'm new to checkpoint appliances and i'm a bit confused right now.
A client wanted to change his firewall brand from barracuda to checkpoint.  A 1490 appliance was shipped to us based on our requirement.
i have two questions:
1) can i use smartdashboard? if not, why? the appliance come with a manual named centrally managed.
2) i have 6 different public ip addresses which need to be assigned to 6 different internal server(publish to outside) can we do it on the 1490?

Grateful if you can let me know if we can further talk on skype.

thank you

Ervin

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SmartDashboard talks to a management appliance (either Smart-1 or Open Server).

This is an extra cost and unless you've purchased it, you cannot use SmartDashboard.

That said, the web interface on the 1490 is very capable.

You should be able to NAT your six public IPs to different servers behind you 1490.

If you're looking for a personal consult, I recommend talking with your local Check Point SE.

If you need help locating them, let me know.

Ervin_Gaju
Participant

Hello Dameon, 

Thank you for your reply.

concerning the six public ip addresses, can you please advise how to add the other public addresses on the WAN interface?

i shall be grateful if i can get a contact too.

0 Kudos
Pedro_Espindola
Advisor

Ervin_Gaju
Participant

thanks..

0 Kudos
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello the standalone interface is quite good, also the Nat configurations

Ervin_Gaju
Participant

Hello Pablo, 

thank you

the natting part is okay. i would like to know how to assign the public ip addresses to my wan port so that i may proceed to the NAT.

0 Kudos
Pablo_Barriga
Advisor

Hello all Internet configurations can have the NAT hide option or you can configure manually all the NAT assignation

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can simply create a server object for the relevant host and specify the public IP address you wish to use:

For the firewall's external IP, you may need to use manual NAT rules as Pablo suggested.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events