Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herold
Contributor

Upgrade from R77.30 to R8.10 failed - Machine name conflicted with reserved word

Hi,

I've been trying for two days to do an Advanced Upgrade with Database Migration from Gaia R77.30 to Gaia R80.10. I used the Check_Point_R80.10_migration_tools_PreR80.Gaia.tgz to 'migrate export' from R77.30. I did a fresh install of R80.10 on a Vitrual Box VM (2 CPU cores, 100 GB). The migrate import failed on the R80.10 and int update logs, i could see the failure is related to "ips_upgrade_tool" as per messages below. Have anyone encounter this behavior before? Any advise?

[4 Jan 13:49:31] [CanonicalizePath] Canonicalizing path '"/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/ips_upgrade_tool" import "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/tmp/migrate/regular_files/fwdir/tmp/ips_files" "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/"'
[4 Jan 13:49:31] [CanonicalizePath] Resulting path: '"/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/ips_upgrade_tool" import "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/tmp/migrate/regular_files/fwdir/tmp/ips_files" "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/"'
[4 Jan 13:49:31] ...<-- CanonicalizePath
[4 Jan 13:49:31] ...--> ExecCommandGetOutput
[4 Jan 13:49:31] [ExecCommandGetOutput] Going to execute command: '"/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/ips_upgrade_tool" import "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/tmp/migrate/
regular_files/fwdir/tmp/ips_files" "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/"'
[4 Jan 14:04:37] [ExecCommandGetOutput] ERR: Command completed with error code 1
[4 Jan 14:04:37] ...<-- ExecCommandGetOutput
[4 Jan 14:04:37] [CommandRunner::exec] ERR: Command execution had failed
[4 Jan 14:04:37] ..<-- CommandRunner::exec
[4 Jan 14:04:37] .<-- IpsUtilityRunner::exec
[4 Jan 14:04:37] <-- ConditionalExecutor::exec
[4 Jan 14:04:37] [ActivitiesManager::exec] ERR: Activity 'ConditionalExecutor' failed

Regards,

5 Replies
Eran_Habad
Employee
Employee

Hi Joseph Herold Jr Prophete‌,

My name is Eran and I'm a manager in the R&D of CheckPoint, responsible for the Management Upgrade.

Thanks for sharing your situation, I would like to engage and assist you to resolve the failure and achieve a successful upgrade.

I will contact you privately so you could provide all needed logs. 

Please make sure to open a Service Request as well.

Thanks,

Eran

0 Kudos
Yann_Bruneau
Explorer

Hi,

Do you have an update on this case as we have the exact same issue when upgrading R77.30 SMS to a brand new R80.10 SMS server.

Regards,

Yann

0 Kudos
Eran_Habad
Employee
Employee

Hi Yann,

The issue here was pretty unique as during FTW the name that was chosen for the machine conflicted with another reserved word. I suggest opening an SR so we could analyze your case as well.

Thanks,

Eran

0 Kudos
Eyal_Rashelbach
Employee
Employee

Hi Joseph / Zann,

I hope that following our help you to succeed with your migrating to R80.10
I appreciate if you share your experience with us in our R80.10 Survey 

if needed I will be happy to assist you with personal attention.

Eyal Rashelbach

R80 Desk Manager, Solution Center | Check Point Software Technologies

0 Kudos
Silicus_L2Team
Explorer

I am too facing similar issue.

In the migrate log getting similar error.

[ExecCommandGetOutput] Going to execute command: '"/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/ips_upgrade_tool" import "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/tmp/migrate/regular_files/fwdir/tmp/ips_files" "/opt/CPsuite-R80/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/././/"'
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ExecCommandGetOutput] ERR: Command completed with error code 1
[7 Mar 8:14:38] ...<-- ExecCommandGetOutput
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [CommandRunner::exec] ERR: Command execution had failed
[7 Mar 8:14:38] ..<-- CommandRunner::exec
[7 Mar 8:14:38] .<-- IpsUtilityRunner::exec
[7 Mar 8:14:38] <-- ConditionalExecutor::exec
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ActivitiesManager::exec] ERR: Activity 'ConditionalExecutor' failed
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ProgressUpdater::UpdateProgressToGaia] Progress Updated to '37.5
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ActivitiesManager::exec] WRN: Activities execution finished with errors
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ActivitiesManager::exec] WRN: Activities 'ConditionalExecutor' have failed
[7 Mar 8:14:38] [ActivitiesManager::exec] Designated exit code is 1

Is this a known issue?

How can this be fixed??

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events