Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Restore SmartCenter backup into Azure VM

Hi,

has anyone tried restoring a Hyper-V based on-premise SmartCenter VM into Azure using the backup/restore command? On-premise I have an R80.10 SmartCenter and I deployed the same version in Azure from the Marketplace.

I did a quick try already but the VM had another IP and didn't receive the same cpuse patch. So that might already be a reason for failure.

"show restore status" gives "local restore has failed. Failed to restore the backup package". Where can I find more info about restore failures? Is there a logfile somewhere?

Before I invest more time in this... does this have any chance of working? Azure also runs on Hyper-V but it's not quite the same as on-premise.

The nice thing is that you can schedule backups in Gaia GUI. I know migrate export/import will work but I can't schedule that in Gaia GUI unless I script something.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

A logged a ticket for this and the answer is that it's not supported and not going to work.

I was able to migrate export/import our SmartCenter and connect to the Azure one.

Just a tip: make sure you GUI client list on the original client allows one of your own public IP's or you'll get CRLs failed to be downloaded.

I hope I saved someone some time by posting this tip.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jeroen_Demets
Collaborator

A logged a ticket for this and the answer is that it's not supported and not going to work.

I was able to migrate export/import our SmartCenter and connect to the Azure one.

Just a tip: make sure you GUI client list on the original client allows one of your own public IP's or you'll get CRLs failed to be downloaded.

I hope I saved someone some time by posting this tip.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The vSEC image in Azure is slightly different from the one you'd use on-premise.

As such, direct backup/restore as you describe won't work and isn't supported.

Migrate export/import is the best, supported method to use.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.