cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stavros_Georga1
Participant

CCSM renewal

Good day all

I would like to ask what is the status of the CCSM renewal, as it stands the R80 exam is not yet available,as my certification expires in June I would like to know the options so that I arrange accordingly.

I have already passed EXAM #156-115.77 so I dont think retaking is an option.

Cheers

Steve

19 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Please see this thread and blog post for the answer, bottom line is that CCSM certifications were extended and yours is probably still active:

CP Education Services fixing CCSM continuity issue

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Stavros_Georga1
Participant

Thanks for that, I actually read this and was hoping that there was further news to this topic.

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The update is basically the same however the exam will realistically be late Q1/Early Q2 2018 as we await the completion of the course.  Our purpose in extending the CCSM until 30 June 2018 was with the intention of having the exam released before that date (a month or two) so individuals would have time to re-certify.  That is still the plan.

Thanks,

Tug

Balint_Elteto
Participant

Hi Guys!

Any update about the new exam? The extended period's end-date, 30th of Jun is coming!

Balint

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

The CCSM exam is still in development, but we are on schedule for a release before the June 30 expiration date.

Stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,

Tug

Stavros_Georga1
Participant

Hi Jason

The follow up questions to that would be :

A. How close to the 30/6 would that be? If you release the exam on the 29/6 then that is probably not going to give us enough time to study Smiley Happy . I am exaggerating for effect but you get my point.

B. Will our CCSM be extended once more? We are very close to the deadline and frankly even if it were to be released today some of us would have a hard time meeting the deadline.

C. Will an accompanying study guide be released concurrently for self study and reference purposes?

Thanks a lot!

Steve

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Steve,

Currently we are looking at the first week of June for the CCSM exam Release date. 

Please keep in mind that an expired certification does not prevent you from re-certifying, you will still be eligible.  So there are no plans to do another extension.

A study guide is in the works as well, but our study guides are not intended to be the sole means of prepping for the exam.  The study guides are more of a course overview with a few sample questions.  Taking the course, being familiar with the course ware and being proficient with the labs is the best way to prepare for the exam.  The R80 CCSM course and course ware are available from the ATC's.  

Thanks,

Tug

Balint_Elteto
Participant

Hi Tug!

So, as I understand, I can take this exam later of this year, like november, and the expired CCSM is not a problem?

I'm asking because, as far as I know, I can only open support ticket if I have existing, not expired certificate.

Balint

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Balint,

I was just saying that an expired certification does not prevent the candidate from re-certifying.  The partner status will be affected if you lose certification.

For that reason, you should put forth the effort to get certified before the expiration date.

We are still on track for a June 1 release and possibly earlier that week.

Don’t forget we are running an exam promo that will apply to this exam too!

Thanks,

Tug

0 Kudos
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tug, 

as I am working with R80.10 SMS/GW for months now, taking the course just to get study material can not be an option. 

Not having anything to prepare but daily work is disappointing.

Cheers 

Vincent 

and now to something completely different - CCVS, CCAS, CCTE, CCCS, CCSM elite
Aaron_Pritchard
Contributor

All,

I have just come across this thread as i too am concerned about my CCSM expiration.

it is now May. has R80.10 exam been released yet?

thanks

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Same here. Checkpoint notified me regarding my extension until June. 

Beside normal project work the uncertain situation is really concerning.

Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

All,

We are looking at an exam release soon! 

To assist with preparation, I have put the R80 CCSM Study Guide on CheckMates: 

http://bit.ly/R80-CCSM-Study-Guide

For those looking to get R77 CCSM, here is that study guide on our website: 

http://bit.ly/R77-CCSM-Study-Guide

Regards,

Tug

Peter_Lyndley
Advisor
Advisor

Are Check Point expecting every CCSM to have re-certified on the new exam in a month ? Or will there be another extension to any existing R77.30 CCSMs ?

I dont want to lose my support status just because Check Point hadnt released an update to the certificatation until 20 days before it expired... 

Looking forward to a positive reponse here

thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Jason_Tugwell
Employee Employee
Employee

Peter,

We released the exam on June 1 with hopes that those concerned with the expiration would already have been reviewing the course material/taking the course in preparation for the exam.  We previously advertised that the exam would be released in the first week of June and we did our best to make that happen.  

Feel free to reach out to me directly to see how I can help.

Thanks,

Tug

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Just passed it Smiley Happy

Balint_Elteto
Participant

Congrats!

Any opinion, overview about the exam? compare with the previous R77 one?

Of course without any concrete questions. And which is allowed by this forum policy.

Balint

0 Kudos
Vincent_Bacher
Advisor
Advisor

Don't know what's allowed and what's not.
Just had the feeling that R80 was bit harder than my R77 one.
Some questions about mechanisms you will find when explicitly looking for in the knowledge base but newer heard about in daily work.
And the study guide was limited useful. Don't know how helpful the official training would be, cause i don't have enough free time to attend it (had my last official Checkpoint standard seminar on release 4.0)

Vince

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events