Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy_Tam
Participant

Proxy: Internal error; Connection was rejected due to internal error

Recently, I tried to enable the proxy on the Checkpoint 4600 with R77.30. Everything should be enabled but got the error when try the web browsing. On the browser, it shows "The requested URL couldn't be resolved". And I checked the fw tracker log, it shows "Proxy: Internal error; Connection was rejected due to internal error". I tried to resolve the domain name in the firewall without issue. Did everyone encounter the same issue as mine? Could you share your experience with me, please?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_Tammaro1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have seen this issue when I tried to use the external interface of a SPLAT gateway to proxy web traffic. Besides the obvious security flaws involved with the practise (the customer is always right ... Smiley Happy ),it was a somewhat unique scenario, however it turns out this functionality was not available in SPLAT.

So unfortunately unless your trying to do the same thing, I'm out of answers for you.

John Tammaro

CCMA

Roy_Tam
Participant

Thanks for your reply and sharing. I tried to search on the internet, but not much document about this issue....

Actually, I'm using the internal interface for the gateway and using external interface to forward the web traffic. Possibly im thinking to turn on the debug for the further troubleshooting...

0 Kudos
John_Tammaro1
Contributor
Contributor

As a heads up, are you aware that turning on the proxy will actually impact performance quite significantly as when in proxy mode traffic is not accelerated with SecureXL.

A better way may be to simply use the URL and App Control blades by sending traffic direct through the gateway and then to filter based on source IP or better still use Identity Awareness and link into your AD infrastructure.

John Tammaro

CCSM 

Roy_Tam
Participant

Thanks for your kindly advice! 😃  

The firewall is not really critical, it's just using for the backup VPN tunnel to our customers via internet. We got the other pair of firewalls are using for the internet access.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events