In the past many people have sworn by using an additional virtual machine to swing through upgrading Management to another version. Eg:
- build the VM with the same version of CP Management that the production appliance is running
- upgrade_export from the appliance
- upgrade_import into VM
- upgrade the VM to the target version
- rebuild the appliance with target version
- upgrade_export from the VM
- upgrade_import into the appliance
I see that CPUSE is the listed method of upgrade in the R80.10 upgrade document.
I'm about to go from R80 to R80.10. What is your preferred method of upgrade, and in a few words, why?