Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben-Zion_Josels
Participant

UTM-1 Edge NW Failed to load VStream Antivirus signature database (Stage: 4, Error code: 5)

The Event Log on my UTM-1 Edge NW appliance shows these two lines:

00002 22Jul2017 12:25:22 Failed to load VStream Antivirus signature database (Stage: 4, Error code: 5)
00001 22Jul2017 12:25:22 VStream can not be started - checking archives integrity

It then managed to contact the Sofaware Service Center Gateway Name: gw112l.sofaware
00016 22Jul2017 14:31:41 Successfully connected to the Service Center

But it did not download VStream Antivirus updates since July 12 2017.
Current version is:
VStream Antivirus Database (Main) Nov 6, 2016 10:20:12 AM GMT Version: 2.292.0 
VStream Antivirus Database (Daily) Jul 12, 2017 04:47:29 PM GMT Version: 2.292.43

Subscription will end on Dec 1, 2017

Should I worry over this or is my Internet connection still protected by UTM-1 Edge NW ?

Note: I don't operate wireless connection of any kind. The appliance is wired (RJ45) to the PC and to the ADSL Internet

modem (over telephone line).

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should still be protected using the previously downloaded signature updates, assuming your subscription is still valid.

A couple of notes:

• We recently switched to using SHA-256 certificates for all updates that are downloaded to all Check Point appliances. If you're not getting current updates, this is very likely the reason. You need to be on version 8.2.55 or above to receive current updates. The latest version can be downloaded here, provided you have a support agreement in place: Safe@Office/UTM-1 Edge Firmware Version 8.2.77n for N series appliances
  • The UTM-1 EDGE NW is already End of Engineering support (meaning no new software updates expected) and will be End of Support in roughly a year. I recommend looking at one of the newer 1400 series appliances, which has significantly improved performance and threat prevention capabilities. 

If you're on 8.2.55 or above and still having issues downloading updates. I recommend engaging with the TAC.

0 Kudos
Ben-Zion_Josels
Participant

Thanks for your response.

Indeed I noticed long ago that Cetificate has expired, but my support agreement is valid until December 2017, the Firmware Version is up-to-date (8.2.77n) and until early this month the VStream Antivirus updates kept streaming in regularly, so I said to myself: Why Worry?

Also, I have no idea where and how to obtain a new Certificate for the UTM-1 EDGE NW appliance, and how and where to install it. I am an End-User and there is no Administrative Control Center, and my only contact with Check Point is through the Service Center gw112l.sofaware for automatic downloading of updates. I would have expected them to download any new Certificates to my UTM-1 EDGE NW appliance automatically.

I am now considering to upgrade from UTM-1 EDGE NW  to one of the 1400 series appliances, so until December 2017 I may continue using the UTM-1 EDGE NW without further modifications. Unless, of course, there is a risk in this approach. What do you think?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It’s not the certificate that needed updating, which happens on the server side, but the routines that validate those certificates. A software update was required to allow for SHA-256 certificates.

As for whether you should wait to upgrade to the newer appliances, I would look at it sooner rather than later. AV only provides limited protection, whereas the other software blades available on the 1400 will be able to block many other types of threats utilizing things like Anti-Bot and Threat Emulation. 

0 Kudos
killershout
Explorer

please help download firmware 8.2.77n ERROR cite no download firmware update !

hello would you have a link to retrieve the firmware directly meaning passed by the cite which and bugged
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should be able to get it from here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal/role/supportcenterUser/page/default.psml/m...
However, these appliances are End of Support.
0 Kudos
killershout
Explorer

You are not entitled to download this file.
For information on accessing the download site, please click here.

Back to Search Results

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Expected message if you are not associated with an account that has a support agreement in place.
In any case, given these appliances are no longer supported, there may not be updated AV signatures for this appliance even if you have the most current firmware.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events