We are upgrading to R80.10 following the "Advanced Upgrade with Database Migration" methodology as prescribed by CheckPoint. Due to the limitations on the Smart-1 205/210 appliances (Cannot run SmartEvent with Management) we are migrating our management appliance to a VM running on VMware.
So, this means that:
- The management server is being migrated from a physical Smart-1 205 appliance to a Virtual Appliance
- The virtual appliance has the *same* IP address and hostname as the physical appliance
- The virtual appliance has a *different* MAC address
The actual migration runs fine (migrate import / export etc.) however the new virtual appliance comes up as unlicensed
- According to p. 78 of the "CP_R80.10_Installation_and_Upgrade_Guide" the license should work as long as the IP address stays the same
- TAC confirmed (can provide SR if necessary) that there should be no issue with licensing as long as we keep the same IP
I can see in the R80.10 Gaia portal that the licenses are transferred over, but they are not active. If I look at the actual .lic file I can see a reference to the MAC address of the physical appliance.
What do I need to do get my virtual appliance licensed and up and running. I have a case open with TAC at this moment, but response has been less than stellar.