Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ekta_Siwani1
Contributor
Jump to solution

"show-unused-objects" API is not returning list of host which is not used in firewall rule but have the NAT option enabled

Hi,

I am using "show-unused-objects"  R80.10 API to get list of all unused objects.

I have some host which have NAT option enabled (static or hide) but not getting used anywhere in firewall rule, show-unused-objects API is not returning those hosts.

In smart dashboard  "where used" section , it shows host is not getting used anywhere.

Why smart dashboard and API result is different?

Screen shot from smart dashboard:

Screen shot API which i am using : 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, 

This is a bug in the "show unused objects" query. You can also see this behavior of not presenting network objects with NAT that aren't used when going with the GUI to the Object Explorer and changing it to Unused Objects.

A workaround will be using the where-used API command for every object. Although not ideal, it works. This is basically what you simulated in your GUI screenshot. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, 

This is a bug in the "show unused objects" query. You can also see this behavior of not presenting network objects with NAT that aren't used when going with the GUI to the Object Explorer and changing it to Unused Objects.

A workaround will be using the where-used API command for every object. Although not ideal, it works. This is basically what you simulated in your GUI screenshot. 

0 Kudos
Ekta_Siwani1
Contributor

Hi https://community.checkpoint.com/people/tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b‌ ,

Thanks for the reply.

Hope this bug will be solved in next version Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
gogreen81
Participant

Is this bug resolved by now ?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events