cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_GOURANTON
Participant
Jump to solution

How to display unsaved changes in R80

Hi, I haven't found how to display unsaved (unpublished) changes in R80. How to achieve this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

As far as I know there is no such a function in R80 or R80.10 but at least there is a partial functionality. You can see which objects and rules were changed in the current session:

• The modified objects and rules are marked by by a "pen" icon shown over the object's icon or rule's number.
  • If the if the scroll bar of the rule table is shown then edited rules will be marked by a short violet line over it. In the "hamburger" menu above the scroll bar you can control display of this and other categories of rules.

I am missing this functionality too. Especially when I re-open older unpublished session. I think currently a good habit is to publish soon and often. In R80.10 there is a function to take over another session (also a session of a different administrator) so there you can also check which objects were modified and not yet published.

0 Kudos
Quinn_Yost
Contributor

I've not used the 80.10 SmartConsole, does it give a single administrator the ability to have multiple distinct sessions?  That is something that I found lacking in r80.   I could make and manage multiple sessions via API, but not from the console.

0 Kudos
Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

No, I do not see a possibility to establish multiple Read Write sessions for a single administrator. When you try to make another session then you are offered to either Take over the existing one (it will be disconnected first) or to create a new Read Only session.

What is new in R80.10: from Manage & Settings > View Sessions you can take over a session of a different administrator and even a Web API session. Your current session will be closed and the other will be assigned to you as an administrator.

From my experience with API + SmartConsole there are possible problems with multiple Read Write sessions. For example when you create objects with the same name then after publishing you will not receive any warning and there will be multiple objects with the same name. Unfortunately the SmartConsole and other parts are not completely prepared for this situation so currently it is best to limit the parallel sessions with unpublished changes.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi guys,

I am trying not to answer on specific items for R80.10 since it's still in Early Availability but for this item I will make an exception:

Vaclav Brozik wrote:

From my experience with API + SmartConsole there are possible problems with multiple Read Write sessions. For example when you create objects with the same name then after publishing you will not receive any warning and there will be multiple objects with the same name. Unfortunately the SmartConsole and other parts are not completely prepared for this situation so currently it is best to limit the parallel sessions with unpublished changes.

Since the public EA version of R80.10, several issues regarding validations between sessions were fixed, including specifically the unique name validation. If you received an EA version through the Check Point EA Engineers program, please contact your Check Point EA representative and he will check this item specifically for the version that you have.

Hope this helps

(1)
Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

Hello Tomer,

thank you for your note. I did not know that this has changed in R80.10 (it is hard to find what has changed). If I find time I will test it. My experience was from R80 in a production environment.

Best regards, Vaclav

0 Kudos
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events