Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Richards
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Mgmt_api_lib python modules in AWS Lambda

Hi,

I'm trying to use the example mgmt_api_lib and addAccessRule.py Python code within AWS Lambda  (python_bundle_1_2.zip).

I'm no developer and minimal scripting experience means I'm falling at the first hurdle. I need to upload the code I want to run (addAccessRule.py) and all of its dependencies to the AWS web interface. The AWS help page describes the way to create the deployment package is to use :

pip install <module name> -t <my project directory>

I unzipped the python_bundle_1_2.zip and the module I want to use, addAccessRule, has a structure as follows:

/add_access_rule/

addAccessRule.py

/mgmt_api_lib

__init__.py

api_exceptions.py

api_responses.py

cp_mgmt_api.py

Whenever I try installing this into a deployment package (instructions from AWS Lambda website suggest this is how to create the necessary package with all dependencies)

I see the following:

richardsk$ pip install addAccessRule.py -t ~/project/

Collecting addAccessRule.py

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement addAccessRule.py (from versions: )

No matching distribution found for addAccessRule.py

I don't understand packaging/building so I'm not sure what I should do to use this sample code. The addAccessRule.py contains a line :

from mgmt_api_lib import *

Fundamentally, AWS Lambda expects all python files needed to run my function in a single directory - any thoughts on how to do this gratefully received!

Keith

0 Kudos
0 Replies

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events