1. Can the IPS updates be kicked off using the API?
2. Can the IPS scheduled updates be configured using the API?
3. When the IPS update is done is the installation to all gateways (running IPS in the TP policy) of the IPS updates done?
1. Use run-ips-update command to start the IPS update process
2. Use set-ips-update-schedule command to configure the IPS update schedule.
Use show-ips-update-schedule command to see the current IPS update schedule
3. Via the API command you can't start policy installation automatically. You have such an option if you configure the scheduled update via Smart Console.
You need to run install-policy command to install the updates via API.
Thank you :-)
Upon further investigation I see it is well documented and I see you added the links too :
Check Point - Management API reference
Retrieving data ...