Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thant
Contributor

R80.20 GUI Clients Isn't Work

R80.20 Management Server cannot be reached. Check your management configuration and try again.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

What is cpconfig showing when you select GUI clients?

0 Kudos
thant
Contributor

Hi Danny,

Nothing show in cpconfig when select GUI clients.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I just had the same issue. In GAiA WebUI I saw the network already defined as allowed GUI client and above the warning message you had. So I opened cpconfig at the CLI, added a new network to GUI clients, saved and logged back into the GAiA WebUI. The error message was gone and both networks were shown. So just [A]dd the new GUI client via cpconfig as I suggested.

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

This cannot work. Also cpconfig uses connection to database in R80+. So if server is not up, you can't alter GUI clients.

In your case maybe after logging in to CLI and using cpconfig the start of the server was finished.

In his case it looks like a startup problem...

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

As Thant wrote he didn't get an error message when opening the GUI clients in cpconfig. He just didn't define a GUI client yet. That is why GAiA WebUI isn't showing anything besides the warning message. I would be interested to know what happens when he is actually trying to add a GUI client via cpconfig. In my case it worked.

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

What is output of $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh? 

0 Kudos
thant
Contributor

Hi Norbert,

Please check the output.

[Expert@SMS:0]# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh
Check Point Security Management Server is during initialization

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

So it thinks its still initializing, which means the processes are not fully up. Since R80 the GUI clients are added to the database and utilize the process infrastructure to read/write information regarding it.

The output should be: 

# $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh
Check Point Security Management Server is running and ready

Maybe a cpstop/cpstart or a reboot can help.

Otherwise you will have to check the logs ($FWDIR/log/cpm.elg; $FWDIR/log/fwm.elg) for errors or open a case with TAC.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

How much disk space, RAM, and number of cores are available?  My guess is that you are running in VMWare and have allocated a pittance for these resources.  Lately there seems to be a lot of administrators ignoring the minimum hardware requirements for R80+ then wondering why it doesn't work when they load it up...

--

CheckMates Break Out Sessions Speaker

CPX 2019 Las Vegas & Vienna - Tuesday@13:30

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
thant
Contributor

Dear All,

This issue is solved.

I just reinstall with increased RAM 8GB to 16GB and CPU 2 Core to 4 Core.

Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

FWIW, I've struggled with the same issue and outputs of $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh on a standalone deployment on a brand new appliance, so I couldn't even be accused of bad resource allocations Smiley Happy.

For a moment, I feared R80.20 had an issue with standalone, as I couldn't get the thing running. I re-imaged the appliance again and it worked.

Vytautas
Explorer

Hello!

I found in my case running R80.30 on vmware is nothing to do with cpu count or ram as long as you have 1 core and 4096ram the problem most likely will be in vmware network. I had on interface in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections ip 192.168.1.10 and SMS gateway eth0 192.168.1.25. I was able to ssh and login to https:192.168.1.25. As well make shore that the network is added in vmware not just interface.dd2.JPGdd1.JPG

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events