I wanted to revert to a previous firmware one of cluster members so I did like that:
1. Disabled ClusterXL on that member using clutserXL_admin.sh down
2. Disconnected all network interfaces
3. Reverted to previous firmware
4. Restored backup configuration taken from that firmware
So, now member is essentially ready to be reconnected back to the cluster. However it is in Active Attention cluster state and if I just connect all network interfaces back on, I am afraid failover will occur immediately and I want to avoid that.
For that, in a maintenance window I plan to do this:
1. Stop cluster service on disconnected node using cphastop
2. Connect all network interfaces in this order: LAN, WAN, SYNC.
3. Re-establish SIC (or otherwise confirm connectivity with SMS)
4. Install policy
5. Reboot appliance
Is this going to work or am I missing something important ? Thanx.