Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Internet Explorer display issue

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing Internet Explorer display issues when accessing internal sites in your environment. 

SmartEndpoint 77.30.03

Endpoint version 80.88

SR: 3-066195751

We have desktop shortcuts on end user PCs that access an internal site. When users click on the shortcut, an instance of internet explorer opens and the page stays blank, and in task manager reports internet explorer as not responding. Only when accessing this site through the desktop shortcut does this happen. When we shut off the sandblast threat extraction and emulation blade, we no longer see this issue. I believe it has to do with the checkpoint.sandblast add-on. When users open up an instance of internet explorer and navigate to the web page it works just fine. The only hold up is the desktop shortcut that leads directly to the site. Has anyone else experienced this? We have tried whitelisting all kinds of ways and shutting off pieces of threat extraction and emulation and it does not make a difference. We have to turn off the entire blade to get the shortcut to function properly. A chrome desktop shortcut for the same site works fine as well, but management does not want this to be used. Any advise? 

16 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

This would actually required to be investigated by Check Point Support after opening a Service Request ticket with TAC. In the meantime you could add bookmarks within Internet Explorer and advice your users to use these instead of the Desktop Shortcuts. Alternatively you could replace the Desktop shortcuts with simple .bat script that opens Internet Explorer with a parameter to load up your internal site.

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Right, I have a ticket open with them now but I was just wondering if any others had seen this issue in the mean time. We have it set so if they open I.E. there is a link for them to click on, but that extra click causes a lot of complaints. I will look into your other suggestion and see if its plausible for them. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Just following up from my ticket in case others have this issue. Desktop links to internal sites are not opening properly due to the threat emulation portion of checkpoint endpoint v80.88. The dev team is currently working on a solution for our issue.

0 Kudos
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hey, we meet again!

I'm having this issue as well!

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Yes, its very frustrating! Our users have lots of internal sites with shortcuts on their desktops so its really effecting our environment.

0 Kudos
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Our IE also just kinda... freezes. (Regardless of using shortcuts.) Of course, we've created a ticket, too. It seems that once our users open task manager and do a force close on IE, the browser seems to be working properly. But, they have to do this once every single day, essentially. 

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Stacy,

Yeah it is the same here. With internal site desktop shortcuts that use IE it freezes and states not responding. Our ticket so far is with the dev team now. They collected a ton of logs and are reviewing our case. I'll keep you updated as to what they say. Our only go around now is to use a different browser default or open IE and then navigate to the link. 

Gal_Carmeli
Employee
Employee

If the issue is related to the endpoint, it can be originated from one of the two:

1. Anti Exploitation

2. SBA browser extention

Start with disabling Anti Exploitation for a while, and check whether the issue reproduces.

If it doesn't, you will need to turn on Anti Exploitation again, reproduce, and create a dump to providev to R&D. TAC can help with this.

Thanks,

Gal

0 Kudos
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

When you say "Anti-Exploitation" I assume you're referring to the Threat Extraction and Emulation blade, yes?

Is there an individual feature that should be adjusted? 

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Stacy, 

There is a way to disable the sandblast extension add-ons for the web browser to test this issue that we were given. I can try and find that documentation for you that checkpoint had me complete to troubleshoot our issue. We do not have a solution yet however, just targeted down the issue.

sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I figured it had to do with the browser extension. That was the thing I had ruled out, as well. Thank you for all of your help.

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Gal,

Thank you for the advise. We have a ticket open currently with a collection of all the logs and other testing done by checkpoint. They determined it was the sandblast browser add-on and are working towards a solution for us.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My understanding is this issue was introduced sometime after E80.83.

We do plan to address it in later releases.

0 Kudos
Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

All,

Just wanted to come back and give a quick update. We were given endpoint 80.90.5619 to solve the IE issues we have been experiencing and so far have seen positive results. It ended up being the sandblast browser extension that was causing us our issue. Hope this helps.

sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Wish I could say the same! Thanks, though!

Katelyn_Eubanks
Contributor

Stacy, honestly a lot of our issues with IE were resolved once we updated to 80.92. Also make sure your IE settings include: internet options> Advanced tab> uncheck the box next to "enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced protected mode".  That helped with the IE lockup issues we saw as well. Hope this helps!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events