cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

All

Hi All -

I have a management server which is running with R77.30 Gaia.

hardware is Smart-1 appliance, there are lots of objects which is not in used.

due to high no of objects performance is very low.

can you help me to find unused objects?

Regards

Abhishek

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Check Point sells a service called SmartOptimize that can help with this.

If you're willing to do it yourself, you can use the "Where Used" functionality built into SmartConsole.

It's somewhat improved in R80.x also: https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2730 

If you upgrade to R80.x, there are scripts that can help: Delete Unused Hosts, Networks, and Groups (R80.10 SMS & MDS) 

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

As you are running R77.30, API cannot be used.

In that case, dbedit is your friend.

If you like, I can give you little script which will print all not used objects and/or services.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should share it on Developers (Code Hub)‌ so everyone can benefit Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

It will does exactly the same like Tim mentioned Smiley Happy GUI feature is preffered way

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Abhishek_Kumar1
Collaborator

Thanks Please share the same.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

In the R77.30 SmartConsole menu select Search...Query Objects and change the "Refine by:" to "Unused objects" like this:

However before deleting objects that are reported as Unused, check the NAT tab of the object you are about to delete.  If an automatic NAT rule is enabled for the object, deleting it may break something in your NAT configuration even though the object itself is unused.  Taking a database revision before deleting any objects this way is strongly recommended just in case...

--
Second Edition of my "Max Power" Firewall Book
Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Petr_Hantak
Advisor
Advisor

I have just a small notice from my personal experience. It is good to divide clearing of object to some stages for example by 100 object at once. I have experience from production when Smart Dashboard crashed after you selected thousand of unused objects or all at once.

The search itself could take many minutes as well.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events