Some CheckMaters are complaining about inability to move from Full HA to a Distributed Configuration on R80.x, for example . Indeed, the direct approach seems to be blocked, as the relevant SK article is not applicable to any version higher than R77.30
However, thanks to Juan Concepcion, there is a way to move forward.
Here is the quote from Juan's instructions:
- Create a temp directory to house the export: mkdir migration
- Copy the archive to this directory (myarchive.tgz in my example)
- Extract the archive: tar -xvzf myarchive.tgz
- Modify the files from the archive:
configuration - change line:
RegistryKeys FWManagement,Primary (remove firewall)
- tar up the archive: tar -cvzPf mynewarchive.tgz *
This allowed me to import the configuration. I was then able to go in and deselect firewall module and install database on the newly imported management station.