Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
950117ec-6722-4
Explorer

Peer to same remote from VX-environment.

Hi ! I have problem with VPN tunnel in a VSX environment, I would like to build two VPN tunnel to the same remote peer-adress from two different VS, is that supported ?

My gateway-server is on 77.30 and the management-server on 80.10.

It look good from the beginning and booth of the tunnel rise, but after a while one of them goes down and

get "authentication failure" when the remote side tried to connect.   

The remote peer that I would like to peer with is located on a Juniper, Junos firewall.

Thank you for some help.

/Yngve  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Do your VS' have unique public IPs assigned to their external interfaces or are they behind common VSwitch or external router being NATed to the same public IP?

0 Kudos
950117ec-6722-4
Explorer

Booth of the VS have unique ip-addresses and are connected with a common VSwitch to Internet.

0 Kudos
950117ec-6722-4
Explorer

Some more information,

we use the same "Interoperable Device" object as gateway in two different VPN community type meshed and we don't use Multi domain management. Hopefully I describe the setup on this case. I have not yet tried

this setup to other vendors than Juniper, I will try to use a Cisco ASA but it looks that it should be some problem

in my CP environment.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Are the 2 tunnels built in 1 community or in the same?

I would build 1 star community with the remote site as a center and set VPN routing to from satelite to center only.

This way you have 1 PSK for both tunnels, I have a customer running this type of setup with some different appliances to Amazon (although they are not VS's).

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
950117ec-6722-4
Explorer

We have 2 separate community, because there are different company in each VS and they should not be dependent to each other.  But maybe I can build this as one community and deny traffic between the two satellite.

But does any know if my setup would bee possible, we are going to use MDM in a feature and does that change any in this case?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

This is why I said, build a Star with the REMOTE gateway as the CENTER, you can disallow traffic from one to the other VS.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
950117ec-6722-4
Explorer

But, when I build a start community I have only one of my VS that are the center gateway and if that one goes down the

traffic from the satellite to the other VS does not work.

A picture for no misunderstanding.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events