Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor
Jump to solution

VSX R80.40 - Remote access and RADIUS

I've been configuring remote access on VSX R80.40 with the latest GA Take. Both TLS portal and Mobile clients work with username/password, and I've been following the various documentations to configure RADIUS authentication.

However as soon as I try with RADIUS authentication set, it immediately fails with "1st factor RADIUS - Server not responding". 

In $FWDIR/log/vpnd.elg, there is the message that no RADIUS servers are responding. The thing is that I don't see any logs or fw monitor which show any RADIUS packets being sent by the VS, a tcpdump on the RADIUS server doesn't either. In terms of connectivity, it's all good, ping from the VS to the RADIUS goes through another VS and there it works.

If I switch back to username/password (provided by Identity Collector), it works immediately.

I'm probably missing something here, any hint would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JanVC
Collaborator

in the settings on the VS firewall object you can choose who goes to the RADIUS server, VS0 (default) or the VS in question where you configured the RADIUS setup

EDIT: added crappy screenshot

VS settings => Other => Legacy Authentication => Shared to Private

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@Royi_Priov any suggestions here?

0 Kudos
Royi_Priov
Employee
Employee

I suggest investigating with TAC.

Thanks,
Royi Priov
Group manager, Identity Awareness R&D
0 Kudos
JanVC
Collaborator

in the settings on the VS firewall object you can choose who goes to the RADIUS server, VS0 (default) or the VS in question where you configured the RADIUS setup

EDIT: added crappy screenshot

VS settings => Other => Legacy Authentication => Shared to Private

Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Thanks, looks like it was it, now to troubleshoot the RADIUS side.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events