Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreyOwl
Explorer

No access via ssh/webui after deleting VSX gateway

Hi mates,

please help to solve the problem: 

I created VSX gateway (R80.20)  in my test environment but deleted it soon for some reasons, as described in Checkpoint VSX R80.20 Administration Guide:

"To delete a VSX Gateway:
1. From the Gateways & Servers view or Object Explorer tree, right-click the VSX Gateway object
on the Object Tree and select Delete.
2. In the window that opens, click Yes."

Now I have no access via SSH/WebUI to Security Gateway.

Is it possible to restore the access? Or I have to reinstall the gateway?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Login through the console and type: fw unloadlocal
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Note that any change to a VSX object in SmartConsole takes effect immediately without a policy install.
Makes sense that deleting the VSX Gateway object would cause the behavior you describe.
Connecting via console and executing fw unloadlocal is pretty much your only option.
0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

Can we take SSH login / Web GUI to VSX gateways, Basically I could login VSX firewall. 

For example, as showed in the diagram, I am unable to login VSX firewall 172.27.48.49/50 ...but able to login 192.168.4.10 .

How could i login and check anything on VSX gateway (172.27.48.49, 172.28.49.50) 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

VSX does not have an accessible WebUI, you have SSH/Console/LOM depending on the appliance specification.

Typically you SSH to the cluster members mgmt IP and then use vsenv or equivalent from expert mode to enter the appropriate VS context. 

Note R77 is very out of support at this point and requires upgrading.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
ramakrishnan
Contributor

As per attached pic I can well understand corp, copr-np and It are security gateway which holding the polices.  

I just wanted understand about VSX, as per attached what are those devices under VSX-MGT domain, virtual switches. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Either that or virtual routers.
In any case, these do not have a specific policy (though a virtual router will have routes associated).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events