cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moe_89
Contributor

Migrating VSX R77.20 to R80.30

Hi,

We will be migrating to new CheckPoint appliances from existing VSX setup running on R77.20, SMS & 12000 cluster with 20 VS to R80.30, SMS & 23500 cluster.

I am trying to migrate the setup in the lab using R80.30 migration tools to export/import the database.

After importing the database, establishing SIC with the gateways and vsx_util upgrade to R80.30

i am getting an "internal error" when pushing VSX configuration from dashboard.

What could be the issue here. Is migrate export/import not supported for VSX migration ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

When you're done with the migration yo need to run the 'vsx_util upgrade' and then 'vsx_util reconfigure' to re-establish the connection to your new gateways.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Moe_89
Contributor

Hi Maarten,

This was done however the issue is still the same. R80.30 Jumbo HotFix SK mentions a generic internal error fixed for an issue. Not sure if its related to the issue we are facing. 

Will update the HotFix and give it a try again.

PRJ-2339,
PRHF-4046
Security ManagementIn some scenarios, user cannot discard or publish a work session, receiving the general message "Internal error".

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

To be honest, I will still keep away from R80.30 for VSX gateway for now. There are a number of issues that still need to be resolved and currently the R80.20 with latest Jumbo, would be my way forward for now.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
nurfaizabuseman
Explorer

Hye Nickel, can you share with me step to migrating VSX R77.20 to R80.30?
any link/SK for my reference
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events