cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

Check Speed Interfaces VSX

Hello guys, 

I am trying to see what is the speed of one interface of my VSX. when I try to see for command in console I have a result of 0. 

Example. 

Firts I search the OID of my name interface.  I run snmpwalk -v 2c -c public_14 10.10.10.1 ifName

IF-MIB::ifName.30 = STRING: lo14
IF-MIB::ifName.35 = STRING: wrp898
IF-MIB::ifName.43 = STRING: wrp897
IF-MIB::ifName.47 = STRING: wrp896
IF-MIB::ifName.65 = STRING: eth1-04.202
IF-MIB::ifName.70 = STRING: eth1-04.307
IF-MIB::ifName.87 = STRING: eth1-04.230

and Then I try search the value of speed of each interface. I run snmpwalk -v 2c -c public_14 10.10.10.1 ifSpeed

IF-MIB::ifSpeed.30 = Gauge32: 10000000
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.35 = Gauge32: 0
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.43 = Gauge32: 0
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.47 = Gauge32: 0
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.65 = Gauge32: 4294967295
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.70 = Gauge32: 4294967295
IF-MIB::ifSpeed.87 = Gauge32: 4294967295

I want to know what is the speed of one interface warp in enviroment VSX. Any idea or advice? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Warp interfaces don't really have a speed. They're entirely in-memory, like a loopback.

The Linux network stack reports a fake speed for loopback interfaces. I guess Check Point doesn't report a fake speed for warps.

0 Kudos
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

We are trying to monitor interfaces of VSX in Orion of SolarWinds. However we see in the user interface and see 0% of use in each interface. The OID was upload in the platform or SolardWinds, but we cant find and know what is the traffic for SolarWinds

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Main RAM in modern servers runs at around 200-500 gigabits, with some complexities in multi-socket systems due to NUMA. It is impossible to saturate that in a Check Point branded box because of PCIe slot limitations. You could saturate it with an open server with careful card layout and interrupt planning, but the processors would hit their instruction performance limit long before memory bus saturation.

Warp interfaces can never be saturated or congested in a meaningful way. They also can't be unplugged or suffer a hardware failure separate from the RAM or processors of the server.

0 Kudos
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator

This is the monitor in SolarWinds.

interfaces_orion.PNG

If you see the percentaje of each interface in the most is 0% but is shouldnt be that. SolarWinds send me this link for calculating bandwith of each interface https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Calculate-interface-bandwidth-utilization?lan...

However I asked before what is the speed of interface for calculations. Y tried to get snmpwalk for getting ifSpeed but the result is 0. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events